Improve your smile with our Crowns Treatment
It’s important to take care of your crowns as the amount of wear and tear your crowns receive over their life span can be damaging. Good oral hygiene and taking care of your crowns is highly beneficial for longer lasting crowns.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth. The cap restores the tooth’s shape and size, strength, and appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, cover the visible portion of a tooth.
Single Crown Explained
When would a Dental Crown be needed?
A dental crown may be needed to:
- Protect a weak tooth (for example, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restore a broken tooth or a severely worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling and not much tooth remaining
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a tooth treated with a root canal
Filling vs Crown Explainer
What are "Onlays" and "3/4 Crowns?"
Onlays and 3/4 crowns are crowns that don’t cover as much of the underlying tooth as traditional crowns. Traditional crowns cover the entire tooth.